Style Guide and Submission Guidelines for Journal of the Motherhood Initiative Articles
* Entries are to be 15 – 18 pages in length (double spaced).
* Use MLA format for submissions.
* PLEASE REMOVE ALL SELF-IDENTIFYING MARKERS IN ARTICLE/WORK CITED.
* Please include ONE Information page including your name, position, full contact infromation, title of article, 50 word bio of author.
* Please include a 250 word abstract of the paper in addition to the article itself.
* All text should be flush LEFT on the page.
* Format the text as simply as possible. Please DO NOT use the special desktop-publishing features (i.e., for endnotes etc.) some word-processing applications have. Avoid using boldface type, different fonts, and different font sizes. Also, don’t use complicated layout programs like PageMaker.
* Double space all text, on 8 1/2 X 11 inch paper, using a clear and legible font (preferably Courier New or Times New Roman 12 pt.) — about 250 words per page (about 25 lines of 10 words each). Margins of 1 to 1 1/2 inches at the sides, top, and bottom are adequate. Notes and references should be cited within the body of the text using parenthetical documentation. Any additional endnotes, and bibliography, should also be double-spaced and printed out on pages separate from the main body of the text.
* Both American and British spelling are permitted, however all submissions should consistently use one or the other.
* Use gender neutral language.
* PLEASE SEND FIVE BACK TO BACK COPIES OF ARTICLE WITH PAGES NUMBERED.